When choosing your travel insurance policy there are some key points to look out for:
- Medical & health cover for an injury or sudden illness abroad
- Personal liability cover in case you’re sued for causing injury or damaging property
- Lost and stolen possessions cover
- Cancellation and curtailment (cutting short your trip) cover
- Extra cover for activities that are commonly excluded from standard policies, such as jet skiing and other water sports
The policy should cover the whole time that you’re away
The policy may also have
- Personal accident cover
- Legal expenses cover
- Financial protection if your airline goes bankrupt before or during your trip
Shop around for your insurance, costs can mount up especially if travelling as a family. The post office and supermarkets have found to offer the best value for money deals so don’t be talked into an expensive, and less effective policy by your travel agent.
For extra piece of mind, always pay for ALL your holiday expenses using a credit card, as if the worse was to happen you can claim your money back through the credit card company.